Friday, June 26, 2009

Painting at Weir Farm

I visited Weir Farm on Thursday and did a little sketching. Weir Farm was the home of the artist J. Alden Weir, one of the founders of the American Impressionist movement. It is managed by the National Park Service and felt a bit like stepping back into a painting from the 1800's. They have an artist residency program and I dreamt of spending a month painting the farm, fields and stone walls of historic Connecticut. If you would like to learn more about Weir farm, here is a link: http://www.weirfarmartcenter.org

2 comments:

Gretchen Kelly said...

WOw - before I even read this I knew whereit was by that foundation outline in the grass. I have painted there many a time in my past.

N Poucher said...

Gretchen, Maybe we'll meet up there someday! It would be nice to get to know some fellow artists from Daily Painters.