Monday, June 15, 2009

Provincetown Harbor Sketch

Harbor Sketch 6/15/09 around 3:00pm
Soft pastel on Wallis 5x7"
Some folks have been wondering where I have been so I thought I would post this little sketch that I did today while working at The Hammock Shop. The shop is right on the beach in Provincetown so if there aren't many customers, I pull out my little cigar box filled with small pieces of pastels, get out of my hammock and get to work. The wind changed to the north clearing the morning clouds away and creating a beautiful sky.
I haven't been posting my daily paintings because I have been busy with 3 large commissions. They are all nearly finished so I will be out painting on location again soon.
Email me with an offer if you would like this little piece!

2 comments:

Maya said...

Your pastels are gorgeous... as though from another time, serene and beachy. I understand you live and work on the tip of Cape Cod. How wonderful.

N Poucher said...

Thanks, Maya. Yes, I'm very lucky to live in such a beautiful place.